Sunday 7 July 2013

life's kinda good part 1: scenerygasm and history crash course

soooo at least I achieved something in my ~summer break~ like you know going outside, instead of reblogging yet another Hogwarts scenerygasm post on my dashboard, or pretending to understand a sentence on the hard ass book I'm reading.

I went to Bandung, which is 2 hours drive from where I live.

so i'm taking pictures of highway views what the fuck am i doing with my life oh anyway ignore the dates on my camera I set the wrong date and i'm sorry this picture is stuck in the past for now
we stayed at my cousin's house for a night. She's starting 7th grade next week yet she's still annoying as ever. she and my 10 year old sister were partner in crime, creatures of chaos. they were conspiring against me the whole time.

My sister, my annoying orange cousin, and the tidy posh neighborhood.
the next day we went hiking and well......... i guess i thought the hiking wasn't really hiking and i didn't brought hiking shoes and flashlight so i went hiking wearing crocs. and that's the story of how i got a sore feet.












WHY IS THERE SO MANY TREES I CANT BELIEVE IT I MEAN LOOK AT THIS IT'S REALLY AMAZING OH MY GOD MY LUNGS ARE SO FULL OF FRESH AIR I CANT BREATHE WOW

gateway to the japanese cave

oh how i long for the sunlight


where people stock foods

air duct

mini sewer thingy?

There are 2 caves: from the Japanese colonial era and Dutch colonial era. Let Gramma tell you a story, kids. So Indonesia was colonialized by Netherlands and Japan for 300-ish years and 4-ish years, respectively. Dark times, it was, while slavery, racism, classism, and stuffs were still legal and they forced us to build this cave using only crowbar. I mean wow can you even build things with that???

The first two photos were the Japanese cave, you can see the walls were rough because it took only 3 years to build them while the Dutch cave took 18 years.

/history lecture end/ /pls don't close the tab/

This place is really rad. They got everything; air duct, mini sewer thingy (idk what it's called) and I bet it makes a great hidey-holes. I didn't see any ghosts, which is kinda disappointing.

looking fabulously tired

there's always time for ramen noodles
I guess I'll have to break my trip into 2 parts, unless you guys would get bored and stuffs. See you <3

-dini

2 comments: